Theo nguồn tin trên trang mạng Facebook của The American Center ở tại Sài Gòn
FOREIGN NATIONAL STUDENT INTERN PROGRAM
PUBLIC AFFAIRS SECTION INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: HCMALL 14/14
OPEN TO: All non-U.S. citizen university students resident in Vietnam
POSITION: Public Affairs Section Student Intern (8 positions)
OPENING DATE: June 25, 2014
CLOSING DATE: July 09, 2014
WORK HOURS: Part-time, 6-8 hours/week
LENGTH OF INTERSHIP PROGRAM: Six (6) months.
The Consulate General of the United States of America in Ho Chi Minh City is seeking eight (08) part-time, unpaid university student
interns for the Public Affairs Section (PAS).
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The PAS Student Internship benefits both the U.S. Consulate General and student interns by providing a valuable educational experience to students while assisting the Consulate General accomplish important mission goals.
PAS Student Interns will be responsible for daily tasks of running the Centers to include greeting patrons and ensuring that they adhere to the Center regulations; re-shelving books, magazines and DVDs; assisting in inventorying American Center (AC) and EducationUSA (EdUSA) collection and maintaining client database. Interns will also support programs, events, educational outreach, Facebook and other social media activities, promote AC/EdUSA products and activities and other administrative tasks as required. Interns will receive mandatory job training. All duties will be performed in English. For more information about the American Center and EducationUSA Advising Center go to http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov.
Please contact the Management Office at 3520-4200 X4342/4454 for further inquiries.
NOTE: All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Must be a currently enrolled university student in Vietnam or a recent graduate.
2. Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
3. Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment and a non-U.S. citizen.
4. Good command of both spoken and written English is required (this will be tested).
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Non-host country foreign nationals who are legal resident students of Vietnam are required to submit the same documentation as
the other applicants, and also legal residency permit for consideration.
2. All PAS Student Intern Program applicants must have graduated from high school or equivalent secondary school prior to beginning program.
3. Applicants not in their last year of university are preferred.
4. Familiarity with the American Center and EducationUSA Advising Center is preferred.
5. If selected, candidates will be required to produce a “Letter of Introduction” from their university.
6. If selected, the student will receive a security background check.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERNS ARE NOT CONSIDERED U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL EMPLOYEES
The intern will not be considered as a Federal employee.
There will be NO employment benefits associated with this position: annual leave accrual, sick leave, etc.
There will be NO compensation or payment.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the followings or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for Foreign National Student Intern Program (find the attached form).
2. Statement of Interest form (attached) should include the student’s objectives and motivations in seeking an internship and how
their academic courses and other experiences relate to the Mission’s goals/ PAS’ needs.
3. Gratuitous Service Agreement (Attached).
4. A copy of ID card and student card.
5. Copy of most recent academic transcript.
6. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned, etc.) that addresses the qualification
requirements of the position as listed above.
Paper copies are available from Security Guard at Post 4 at the U.S. Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City between the hours of 8:00 A.M. –
5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
U.S. Consulate General, 7A Mac Dinh Chi Street
District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: JULY 09, 2014
(All applications must be received by the closing date to receive consideration. Only short-listed applicants will be
contacted for interviews.)