Theo nguồn tin trên trang mạng của Tổng Lãnh Sự Quán Hoa Kỳ tại Sài Gòn
FOREIGN NATIONAL STUDENT INTERN PROGRAM
PUBLIC AFFAIRS SECTION INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: HCMALL 14/36
OPEN TO: All non-U.S. citizen university students resident in Vietnam
POSITION: Public Affairs Section Student Intern (18 positions)
OPENING DATE: December 15, 2014
CLOSING DATE: December 29, 2014
WORK HOURS: Part-time, 6-8 hours/week
LENGTH OF INTERSHIP PROGRAM: Six (6) months.
The Consulate General of the United States of America in Ho Chi Minh City is seeking eighteen (18) part-time, unpaid university student interns for the Public Affairs Section (PAS).
NOTE: ALL APPLICANTS WHO ARE NOT FAMILY MEMBERS OF U.S. GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES MUST
HAVE REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
The PAS Student Internship benefits both the U.S. Consulate General and student interns by providing a valuable educational experience to students while assisting the Consulate General accomplish important mission goals.
PAS Student Interns will be responsible for daily tasks of running the Centers to include greeting patrons and ensuring that they adhere to the Center regulations; re-shelving books, magazines and DVDs; assisting in inventorying American Center (AC) and EducationUSA (EdUSA) collection and maintaining client database. Interns will also support programs, events, educational outreach, Facebook and other social media activities, promote AC/EdUSA products and activities and other administrative tasks as required. Interns will receive mandatory job training. All duties will be performed in English. For more information about the American Center and EducationUSA Advising Center go to http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov.
Please contact the Management Office at 3520-4200 X4342/4454 for further inquiries.
NOTE: All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Must be a currently enrolled university student in Vietnam or a recent graduate.
2. Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
3. Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment and a non-U.S. citizen.
4. Good command of both spoken and written English is required (this will be tested).
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Non-host country foreign nationals who are legal resident students of Vietnam are required to submit the same documentation as
the other applicants, and also legal residency permit for consideration.
2. All PAS Student Intern Program applicants must have graduated from high school or equivalent secondary school prior to beginning
3. Applicants not in their last year of university are preferred.
4. Familiarity with the American Center and EducationUSA Advising Center is preferred.
5. If selected, candidates will be required to produce a “Letter of Introduction” from their university.
6. If selected, the student will receive a security background check.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERNS ARE NOT CONSIDERED U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL EMPLOYEES
The intern will not be considered as a Federal employee.
There will be NO employment benefits associated with this position: annual leave accrual, sick leave, etc.
There will be NO compensation or payment.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for this position must submit the followings or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for Foreign National Student Intern Program (find the attached form).
2. Statement of Interest form (attached) should include the student’s objectives and motivations in seeking an internship and how
their academic courses and other experiences relate to the Mission’s goals/ PAS’ needs.
3. Gratuitous Service Agreement (Attached).
4. A copy of ID card and student card.
5. Copy of most recent academic transcript.
6. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned, etc.) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Applications should be submitted through email to the address: HoChiMinhCityHR@state.gov.
Subject line must be: (HCMALL 14/36) or your application may not be considered;
We will only accept applications by email. Please do NOT attach a photo on an application form or resume.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
U.S. Consulate General, 7A Mac Dinh Chi Street
District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
(All applications must be received by the closing date to receive consideration. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews.)