Theo nguồn tin trên trang mạng của Tổng lãnh sự quán Hoa Kỳ ở tại Sài Gòn
U.S. Mission Vietnam – U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: HCMALL 16//27
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
POSITION: Public Affairs Section Student Intern (18 positions)
OPENING DATE: July 29, 2016
CLOSING DATE: August 12, 2016
WORK HOURS: Part-time, 10-12 hours/week
LENGTH OF INTERSHIP PROGRAM: Six (6) months.
The Consulate General of the United States of America in Ho Chi Minh City is seeking eighteen (18) part-time, unpaid university student interns for the Public Affairs Section (PAS).
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are qualified and will be invited for further testing and/or interview. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
The PAS Student Internship benefits both the U.S. Consulate General and student interns by providing a valuable educational experience to students while assisting the Consulate General accomplish important mission goals.
PAS Student Interns will be responsible for daily tasks of running the Centers to include greeting patrons and ensuring that they adhere to the Center regulations; re-shelving books, magazines and DVDs; assisting in inventorying American Center (AC) and EducationUSA
(EdUSA) collection and maintaining client database. Interns will also support programs, events, educational outreach, Facebook and other social media activities, promote AC/EdUSA products and activities and other administrative tasks as required. Interns will receive
mandatory job training. All duties will be performed in English. For more information about the American Center and EducationUSA Advising Center go to
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item.
1. Must be a currently enrolled university student in Vietnam.
2. Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
3. Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment and a non-U.S. citizen.
4. Good command of both spoken and written English is required (this will be tested).
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Non-host country foreign nationals who are legal resident students of Vietnam are required to submit the same documentation as the other applicants, and also legal residency permit for consideration.
2. All PAS Student Intern Program applicants must have graduated from high school or equivalent secondary school prior to beginning program.
3. Applicants not in their last year of university are preferred.
4. Familiarity with the American Center and EducationUSA Advising Center is preferred.
5. If selected, the student will receive a security background check.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERNS ARE NOT CONSIDERED U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL EMPLOYEES
The intern will not be considered as a Federal employee.
There will be NO employment benefits associated with this position: annual leave accrual, sick leave, etc.
There will be NO compensation or payment.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified. The Consulate does not accept applications via online recruitment websites without DS-174 form.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)Interested candidates for this position must submit the followings or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for Foreign National Student Intern Program (find the attached form).
2. Statement of Interest form (attached) should include the student’s objectives and motivations in seeking an internship and how
their academic courses and other experiences relate to the Mission’s goals/ PAS’ needs.
3. Gratuitous Service Agreement (Attached).
4. A copy of ID card and student card.
5. Copy of most recent academic transcript.
6. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned, etc.) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above
WHERE TO APPLY:
E-mail Address: HoChiMinhCityHR@state.gov