Theo nguồn tin trên trang mạng của Tổng lãnh sự quán Hoa Kỳ ở tại Sài Gòn
U.S. Mission Vietnam – U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: HCMALL 16/32
OPENING DATE: August 11, 2016
CLOSING DATE: August 25, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time, 44 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-6; US$7,767.00 (Starting salary)
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-08*; US$36,837.00 (Starting Salary)
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED
RESIDENCY PERMIT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission Vietnam – U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City is seeking eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Administrative Clerk.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are qualified and will be invited for further testing and/or interview. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Incumbent serves as the Administrative Clerk for the Public Affairs Section (PAS). Incumbent performs a broad range of administrative tasks including handling incoming and outgoing correspondence; handling walk-in and scheduled visitors and telephone inquiries; establishing and updating a filling system; overseeing and managing the PAS calendars. Incumbent also acts as back up Program Assistant to all of the office’s functions.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
1. EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school (grade 12) is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Must have at least two years of experience in secretarial/clerical work.
3. LANGUAGE: Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required (this will be tested).
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Vietnamese is required..
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must 1) be able to run various software programs including Microsoft applications, 2) be familiar with normal office procedures and filing system, and 3) have good communication skills.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have understanding of the social mores of both the U.S. and Vietnam and basic knowledge of host government protocol.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/jobs.html
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) USEFM who is ALSO a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(2) USEFM OR a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(3) FS on LWOP
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest,
budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are
not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the Mission’s security clearance.
5. Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour
of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
E-mail Address: HoChiMinhCityHR@state.gov
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment
in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation.
Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.