Theo nguồn tin trên trang mạng của Tổng lãnh sự quán Hoa Kỳ ở tại Sài Gòn
U.S. Mission Vietnam – U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: HCMALL 16/50
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
OPENING DATE: October 11, 2016
CLOSING DATE: October 25, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time, 88 hours/two weeks (shift work)
ANNUAL SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-3; US$6,068.00 (Starting salary)
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-BB*; US$22,502.00 (Starting Salary)
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED
RESIDENCY PERMIT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission Vietnam – U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City is seeking eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Chauffeur
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are qualified and will be invited for further testing and/or interview. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Incumbent of the position serves as driver for the Marine Security Guard Detachment in Ho Chi Minh City.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
1. EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school (grade 12) is required. OR
Completion of junior secondary school (grade 9) and five years of experience as a driver is required.
2. LANGUAGE: Level 2 (Limited) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
Level 3 (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Vietnamese is required
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to 1) deliver passengers and materials expeditiously and safely; 2) maneuver large passenger vehicles through the streets of Ho Chi Minh City; and 3) perform minor maintenance on passenger vehicles such as changing a tire and replacing a battery. Must have a valid Vietnamese category D driver’s license valid for passenger vehicles.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must be knowledgeable of host country traffic laws, city traffic patterns, streets, locations of major buildings and government offices.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/jobs.html
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) USEFM who is ALSO a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(2) USEFM OR a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran
(3) FS on LWOP
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest,
budget, and residency status.
2. Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are
not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
4. The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the Mission’s security clearance.
5. Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour
of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
E-mail Address: HoChiMinhCityHR@state.gov
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment
in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation.
Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.