Theo nguồn tin trên trang mạng của Tổng lãnh sự quán Hoa Kỳ ở tại Sài Gòn
U.S. Mission Vietnam – U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
FOREIGN NATIONAL STUDENT INTERN PROGRAM
COMMERCIAL SERVICE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: HCM 17/20
OPEN TO: All non-U.S. citizen university students resident in Vietnam
POSITION: Foreign Commercial Service (FCS) Student Intern (4 positions)
OPENING DATE: June 14, 2017
CLOSING DATE: July 13, 2017
WORK HOURS: Part-time (minimum 20+ hours/week)
ANNUAL SALARY: Six (6) to twelve (12) months
The U.S. Mission Vietnam – U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City is seeking four (4) part-time, unpaid university student interns for the Commercial Service Office.
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are qualified and will be invited for further testing and/or interview. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
The FCS Internship program benefits both the U.S. Consulate General and student interns by providing a valuable educational experience to students while assisting the Consulate General accomplish important mission goals.
FCS Intern will be responsible for: 1) Working with Commercial Officers and Specialists to coordinate preparations for US Trade events in Vietnam. 2) Providing outreach support for US companies operating in Vietnam. 3) Assisting in researching, editing and writing market research reports, contact lists and promotional materials. 4) Assisting with client communications and other tasks as required. Interns will receive mandatory job training. All duties will be performed in English. For more information about the U.S. Commercial Service go to http://export.gov/vietnam/ or http://buyusa.gov/vietnam/.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Must be currently enrolled as a college/university student in Vietnam.
2. Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
3. Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment and a non-U.S. citizen.
4. Good command of both spoken and written English is required (this will be tested).
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Non-host country foreign nationals who are legal resident students of Vietnam are required to submit the same documentation as the other applicants, and also legal residency permit for consideration.
2. All Student Intern Program applicants must have graduated from high school or equivalent secondary school prior to beginning Foreign National Student Intern Program (FSNIP).
3. If selected, the student must be able to obtain and hold the medical and security certification from the Consulate.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERNS ARE NOT CONSIDERED U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL EMPLOYEES
The intern will not be considered as a Federal employee.
There will be NO employment benefits associated with this position: annual leave accrual, sick leave, etc.
There will be NO compensation or payment.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered:
To be considered for the FNSIP, each applicant must submit the following:
1. Statement of interest (Attached).
2. Gratuitous Service Agreement (Attached).
3. Official transcripts illustrating good academic standing.
4. Written permission from the educational institution.
5.A copy of ID card and student card.
6.Any additional documents (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned, etc.) that address the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants claiming a U.S. Veteran’s preference must submit written documentation confirming eligibility (e.g., Member Copy 4 of Form DD-214, Letter from the Veteran’s Administration, or certification documenting eligibility under the VOW Act with an expected discharge no later than 120 days after the certification is submitted) by the closing date of the vacancy announcement. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veteran’s preference will not be considered in the application process. Specific criteria for receiving a U.S. Veteran’s preference may be found in HR/OE’s Family Member Employment Policy (FMEP).
WHERE TO APPLY:
E-mail Address: HoChiMinhCityHR@state.gov